Fulbright Success Story Pakistan - Mechanical Engineer
Nothing can beat the feeling of being selected as a principal candidate for the Fulbright Scholarship. Before I start to write anything about this beautiful journey I would like to thank Faisal Khan, Scholar Den Founder for guiding me through the whole process. Especially I would like to mention Fulbright Mock interview that I had scheduled with Faisal prior to the final interview was an amazing experience. If it were not him and his expertise regarding the Fulbright process I wouldn’t be able to make to the final cut.
Getting US education was something that I have aspired for years. So I chose Fulbright as a mean to get it. I believe in aiming high, carrying out any task to the best of my abilities and putting my complete trust in Allah and accepting that He is the best of Planners. I was hopeful that I shall receive Fulbright interview call so it was the day of August 18 when I heard from USEFP that my interview is scheduled for 28th of August. I was excited but I was nerves as well because I didn’t have a good track record when it comes to being interviewed. So, I consulted Faisal Khan. Despite having a busy schedule, he engineered a skype mock interview. That mock interview was the best thing that happened to me in this whole process, if it was not that mock I would have a spoiled final interview.
In the end, I would like to jot down some Fulbright interview tips that might be helpful.
1) Your interview begins the moment you open the door. Take a deep breath and enter at a reasonable pace.
2) The first impression does count, the way you meet and greet the panel will influence the rest of the interview.
3) It is difficult to remain calm with many pairs of eyes staring at you, Relaxation is key. Breath and try not to be fazed by the style of questioning.
4) Try to strike up a rapport with each panel member. Don’t be put off by panel members scribbling down their impressions as you answer questions.
5) Remember Panel has prepared thoroughly and it has decided how it should record impressions. Don’t take it as “ indifference”.